"Nigist the Daughter Diaries", is an attempt by myself to log down my memoirs, and capture moments in time that will eventually fade. Eliana Nigist is my first and only daughter, and as my only little girl she holds a special place in my heart that can't be explained. It is my sincerest hope that some day she can look back on this blog and read her daddy's intimate thoughts of his special treasure.









Tuesday, May 8, 2012

We're Back!

Wow!  It's been almost two years since I last posted on this blog.  My apologies to those of you that were tracking this blog.  Anyway, I'm pleased to say that I am back at this, and that my "Precious Princess" is very much alive and well and dazzling us everyday, in both good ways, and sometimes in not so good ways.

Everyday that I'm with this incredible little lady, I'm amazed, so amazed that I'm the daddy of a little girl, a little girl that gets so excited when I walk in the front door.  My boys get excited when I come home, but not like she does.  You'd think that the most wonderful guy on earth just came in through the door.  I hope I'm always that guy to her, but I know that one day "Mr Wonderful" will walk through the door and I'll be replaced.  As for now I have at least 30 years before that snot nosed punk shows up, I'm gonna enjoy this time with my baby girl.

I want to reiterate, and re-emphasize that there is not a day that I look back and regret the decision that we made.  Christ has changed me and Mary's lives through this incredible story and the miracle of adoption.  My life is so much better, with this angel that dances through the halls of my home, along with the echos of her laughter as I tickle her on the living room floor, and amazingly enough the Lord has helped define the message of salvation through the story of adoption.  Always remember that He has adopted us into the kingdom.

Until next time, God Bless

Joe Stapp
   

No comments:

Post a Comment